- Your instincts will usually lead you in the right direction
If you are drawn to it in the first place, chances are it is at least a good place to start.
- You can change direction (which doesn’t necessarily mean the time was wasted)
Anything you do will build on your skills, experience and contacts in some way.
- You could create your own niche in the field
Many career fields have a huge range of sub-speciality areas and even more potential areas which could be developed. So if you find your dream job in the field doesn’t exist, just maybe, you could create it…
- Sometimes uncertainty is good
“Not knowing” what you want can open you up to amazing possibilities which you might not have seen if you were laser-focused on exactly where you were going
- You don’t actually have to choose just one thing
More and more people are having multiple jobs in their lifetimes or even simultaneously, because that’s what suits them. Author Emilie Wapnick calls these people Multipotentialites (you can find out more about multipotentialites on her website Puttylike, her book “How to be Everything” and her TED talk.